It’s the peak of summer and the worst thing you can do to yourself is to step out of your house without wearing a sunscreen. But, with so many sunscreens available in the market, it is difficult to pick one that may suit your needs. There are sunscreens in varied SPFs for different skin types and today I am going to tell about my top 5 favorite ones. SPF is basically how long the sunscreen is going to protect you.
http://deweylovettandhowe.com/activity-streams-2/ SPF * 10 = No. of minutes the sunscreen will protect you (approximately) http://atlantafingerprinting.com/sitemap-pt-post-2014-05.html
That means, if you use a sunscreen of SPF 15, it would protect you for 150 minutes or 2.5 hours.
30 SPF sunscreens are the most recommended as they are not too expensive and last good 5 hours.
- see Lacto Calamine Sun Shield Daily Use Sunscreen: This 30 SPF PA++ sunscreen is a sweat free sunscreen which works well if you have an oily skin. This also works fine with dry skin and doesn’t settle in the dry patches. The only con is that it is little thick so you need a couple of minutes to blend it in so that it doesn’t leave you with a white cast.
- Patanjali SPF 30 with Natural Moisturizer Sunscreen Cream: This contains a lot of natural ingredients and is really moisturizing so great for dry skin. If you have an oily skin and still want to use it, never forget to use a compact or loose powder later to mattify your face.
For the times when you are going to stay outdoors for a little longer time and you are unable to reapply your sunscreen, it is always advisable to use a sunscreen which has a higher SPF, something around 40-50 at least.
- nitrofurantoin macro cap 100mg Lotus UV Screen Matte Gel: This SPF 50 PA+++ sunscreen is my absolute favorite. It has a very light gel consistency which makes you feel you have nothing on your face when you put on this sunscreen. This is the best sunscreen to use on a hot and humid summer day when you are drenched in sweat and oil and don’t want an additional layer of anything on your skin. If you have a terribly dry skin, you would still love it as it is so light that it would not stick to your dry patches.
- VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion: This, as the previous one is also SPF 50 and PA+++. It is waterproof and would not get washed away if you go for any water activities including swimming. Swimming is a great activity to cool you down in the hot summer, but sadly, it tans you and this is going to protect you from that. The only downside of this is that it is the thickest of all the 5 sunscreens and it’s a pain to apply and blend this. You should never apply this on your face if you are going out anywhere except into the pool as it would give you an ugly cast and it would look like you have applied some oil on your face.
- Lotus 3-in1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock: This PA+++ SPF40 sunscreen is tinted and you would love it if you don’t want to apply any makeup on but have a sheer coverage. This mattifies an oily face but if you have a dry skin, don’t use this as it settles terribly in the dry patches. Also, do apply a little of this or else it would be a little difficult for you to blend if you take too much at one time.
These are my top 5 favorite budget sunscreens the most expensive one being at 395 INR. I hope this post has been helpful for you. Do comment which one is your favorite sunscreen so that if I haven’t tried it out then I would.
Love and XOXOX